At the end of last month, I laid out my goals for May. I swore that I would come back to that post every day and read it morning and night.
Well, I did. I made that one small change in my routine. And here's what happened:
- I paid off one bill. It wasn't the bill I had initially set out to pay, but it was a surprise that I was ready for when it happened.
- Because I was so focused on paying that one bill, I finally got our savings account equal to about 1 month's rent. Not a goal that I had listed, but something that a) bothered me before and b) was now on track to do... monthly? Really?
- I did not get one client per week. I got one client for both Beachbody and Say It Simply. But they are long term clients and I am incredibly thankful to have them on board.
- I meal prepped and food planned on Sunday. It was a great system that I will fully enforce next month as well.
- Dedicate one hour per day to me... this did not go so well. If you look back, I had a bit of a break down mid-month. For a couple weeks I cleared my schedule of everything except for the absolute biggest money earning/able to live as a human obligations that I could. This included dance class, cooking during the week, cleaning up the apartment, anything that did not directly relate to me being alive. What I learned from this was: a re-discovered love of writing, and needing to get in shape mentally. I've been so focused for so long on the physical; my weight, my environment, and the food that I ate, that I had been completely neglecting my mental well being. I need both.
This brings me to June's Goals. Since the act of writing them down last month worked so well, I'm going to do it again.
- Finish the short story I've been writing.
- Pay One Bill.
- Get one more Beachbody Client and Say It Simply client.
I will come back to this list and read it every day. I will cement these goals in my mind for another month.
Do you want to try with me? List your three goals below... what do you want to achieve in 30 days?