“Oh! That’s my superfood shake! It’s really good! You want to try it?”
Your mind reels… your best friend, your partner in crime, the person who was scarfing Potatchos with you just a few months ago is now… a Beachbody Coach?
You’ve seen the sweaty selfies. You must know at least two or three Beachbody coaches on your Friends list. The happy faces with their huge cups of “Superfoods”... it’s a meal shake, right? You remember your Mom drinking Slim Fast (a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and then a sensible dinner), and how those cans smelled.
“No thanks… Got any chips?”
You see their face fall… you know you just disappointed them, but… really? It’s all the same stuff anyway.
Having your best friend become a Beachbody Coach is a big challenge for any friendship. Here are five easy things your can do to encourage your friend’s new venture without risking your lifestyle.
- Ask them about their workouts. As a new Beachbody Coach, they have access to every single exercise program ever put out by Beachbody… On Demand; downloaded to their phone, on their streaming device, or on the website. They are probably going to be overwhelmed and overexcited. By focusing their attention on one program, it will keep them focused and let chatty about all the amazing programs you could try too (if you wanted too).
- Do not laugh at their shakes. Shakeology is the lifeblood of Beachbody Coaches. It is packed with proteins, carbs, vitamins, minerals, and tastes like a Carnation Instant Breakfast (so they say). Your friend will probably start experimenting with different shake mix-ins; peanut butter, banana, cinnamon, and almond milk are the usual gateway ingredients to things like apples, yogurt, and baby spinach. The upside? Drinking this shake is literally all the nutrients they need in a day, so by waiting a few hours and then asking about getting some normal food, they’ll be right there with you.
- Don’t get jealous. Being a Beachbody Coach has a lot to do with joining the Coaching Community. Your friend’s coach will introduce them to their “Mama Group”, the group that got your friend’s coach into the mix. Some groups have thousands of coaches all sharing tips, trade secrets, words of encouragement for workouts, and recipes. If your friend starts talking about these people, just remind them that you haven’t met them. This leads us to our next tip…
- Expect to be invited. Beachbody Coaches love their shakes, their workouts, and their fellow coaches. They always want to bring more people in to the experience. Expect to be invited to Shakeology Meet Ups, Super Saturdays, Free Challenge Groups, and Live Workouts. Pick and choose what you want to attend. And finally…
- Count On Change. Beachbody is a growing community for a reason. People who decide to change their lives with Beachbody have an incredible success rate of doing so. If your friend has started with the shakes, the workouts, the groups, and wants to get you involved, then there is something that they want to change about themselves, and they are serious about it.
Beachbody is not cheap… it’s an investment. Expect your friend to have less time for binge watching, less inclination to eat fast food, and become more conscious of their time and energy. They are still your friend, but they are going through a metamorphosis that they think they need to lead a happier life. Accept this about them, and be the outside voice of encouragement they might need. Your friendship will survive... and may even be better then what is was before.